Drive your passion and make it a career with the ASSET program. ASSET is the only program with a paid internship allowing you to earn while you learn. Students alternate for six to eight weeks in the classroom and six to eight weeks with their sponsoring Ford or Lincoln dealer over a two year period. At the end of the two years, they earn an Associate's Degree and valuable in dealer experience.
- ASSET is a two year program where students will receive an Associate's Degree in Automotive Technology upon graduation.
- ASSET is the only program that offers an in dealership co-op: this means that the student will receive a paid internship while enrolled in this program and completing coursework.
- ASSET students require sponsorship from a participating Ford dealer. Students will rotate between the classroom and the dealership for the duration of the two-year program, giving them invaluable hands-on experience while they learn.
- ASSET is offered at select community colleges across the nation.
Students will earn Service Technician Specialty Training (STST) in the following areas:
- Gasoline Engine Repair
- Gasoline Engine Performance
- Steering & Suspension
- Electrical Systems
- Climate Control
- Manual Transmission
- Automatic Transmission
- Brake Systems
- Diesel Engine Performance
- Diesel Engine Repair
- New Model Training
How Do I Sign Up?
Please see the school locator for more information about an ASSET program near you.
When you click on the map, school location information will be displayed.
You will be able to click on the school website that offers ASSET and then contact the local advisor.